The ,,Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH“
German Development Cooperation
Technical Education and Labour Market Development (TELM Cluster)
Project No. 19.2000.8-001.00
Job Vacancy Announcement for the position of Procurement Specialist
Starting date: 1st of November 2021 or as soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 12 months, subject to renewal based on performance
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 22,199 employees, almost 70 per cent of whom are national staff. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
Our business volume is around 3.1 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
About GIZ Egypt
Operating in Egypt since 1956, GIZ provides technical expertise, develops capacities and delivers effective solutions in close partnership with local governmental and non-governmental organisations.
GIZ Egypt currently employs around 320 national and 35 international experts. GIZ supports Egypt in its efforts to achieve the “Sustainable Development Strategy: Egypt Vision 2030” in order to create better social and economic prospects for the Egyptian people. On behalf of the German Government, the European Union and other parties, GIZ implements projects in all parts of Egypt in the areas of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency; Water Supply and Sanitation, Irrigation and Waste Management; Sustainable Economic Development for Employment; Governance and Urban Development.
For more information, please visit http://www.giz.de/egypt
About the TELM Cluster
The Cluster “Technical Education and Labour Market Development” of the bilateral Egyptian-German development cooperation incorporates projects from the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in the fields of TVET and labour market with the aim of consolidating and increasing the effectiveness of the German TC contribution to the field of employment promotion in Egypt.
Salary band 4 –
Senior Administrative Professional
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for
- providing procurement services for the cooperating clustered projects
- dealing with all questions arising in different procurement services (consultancy contracts, service agreements, local subsidies, and financing agreements)
- advising the Head of Projects (AVs), heads of components or field of activities on tendering and the follow-up of contracts
- further developing instruments and introducing innovation and change in local / international contracts in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations
- managing knowledge by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience, and information – filing contracts and their documentation according to GIZ rules and regulations
The Procurement Specialist performs the following tasks:
The Procurement Specialist
- achieves the procurement of local services, issues contracts with Egyptian service providers and/or contract requests according to GIZ rules and regulations and applies the valid standard operational procedures (SOP)
- coordinates with the GIZ Country Office on the mode of service delivery
- evaluates regular services and issues agreements for supporting services (service agreements)
- facilitates invitations to tender and order processing in accordance with GIZ policies and regulations
- performs sanctioned party list checks
- handles all relevant data for contracting experts or consultancy firms for Cluster projects
- advises on checking invoices, payment instructions and complaints
- organizes translation orders and archives the data and documentation of services
- documents and files completed contracts in reference files and in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- assists in events’ management and concluding events in terms of performing needed contracts and agreements
- follows up with contracts and the payments’ scheduled time frame
- coordinates issuing international contracts for the cluster in cooperation with country office and head quarter
- ensures the contract terms are fulfilled, goods and/or services are well received as per agreed contracts’ terms in accordance with GIZ policies and regulations
- documents all contracts in one list and regularly updates it for a continues follow up
The Procurement Specialist
- manages other administrative services on demand, i.e., supports logistic requirements of projects’ workshops and trainings
- creates bi-lingual documents (e.g., service agreements, contracts, etc.) in English and Arabic
- manages confidential files and supports internal control
3. General tasks
The Procurement Specialist
- advises technical and administrative staff in the cluster projects on contracting issues
- contributes to the training of administrative apprentices
4. Other duties/additional tasks
The Procurement Specialist
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in business administration, accounting or equivalent with a focus on finance, controlling, purchasing or contract management or another similar related field of study. MBA is an asset.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office).
- Proficiency in both written and spoken Arabic and English languages, , knowledge of German Language is an asset.
- Confidential handling of data and information.
- In-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Willingness to travel in the country for an average of 10% of working time in different governorates (Delta and Upper Egypt).
- Broad experience of procurement and administration.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
D. Submission of Application
- Kindly send your applications in English by e-mail to HR-Egypt@giz.de by maximum Saturday, the 2nd of October 2021.
- The application must include a motivation letter and an updated CV in English language, indicating the earliest date of availability and contact details (mobile/phone no. and e-mail address).
- Only applications mentioning the subject title “Procurement Specialist – TELM - your name” will be considered.
- The position can be filled by the 1st of November 2021 or as soon as possible.
- The contract is for 12 months, but extendable, based on a successful employment period.
- The work location will be at Gabalaya St., Zamalek - Giza.
- Travel in the country for an average of 10% of working time in different governorates (Delta and Upper Egypt).
- The position is for candidates with Egyptian Nationality, or a valid work permit only.
- All applications will be reviewed, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you do not receive the automated email confirmation acknowledging receipt of your application, please check your spam or junk folder.
- GIZ Egypt is committed to achieving workforce diversity. Female candidates and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.