The ,,Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH“
(German Development Cooperation)
Sustainable Economic Development for Employment Sector (NaWI Cluster)
Job Vacancy Announcement for the position of "Junior Administrative Professional"
Starting date: 1st of June 2020
Duration of Contract: 12 months, subject to renewal based on performance
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 20,726 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
Our business volume is around 3 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
About GIZ Egypt
Operating in Egypt since 1956, GIZ provides technical expertise, develops capacities and delivers effective solutions in close partnership with local governmental and non-governmental organisations.
GIZ Egypt currently employs around 310 national and 47 international experts. GIZ supports Egypt in its efforts to achieve the “Sustainable Development Strategy: Egypt Vision 2030” in order to create better social and economic prospects for the Egyptian people. On behalf of the German Government, the European Union and other parties, GIZ implements projects in all parts of Egypt in the areas of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency; Water Supply and Sanitation, Irrigation and Waste Management; Sustainable Economic Development for Employment; Governance and Urban Development.
For more information, please visit http://www.giz.de/egypt
About the “Sustainable Economic Development for Employment Cluster” (NaWI Cluster)
The cluster “Sustainable Economic Development for Employment” of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH consists of one program (with the same title) with several technical cooperation projects that work towards enhancing the individual and institutional capacities for employment-intensive growth in Egypt.
The GIZ thereby adopts an integrated approach to promote employment by combining measures on the labour supply side (promotion of technical and vocational education and training) with the labour demand side (private sector development and access to financial services for small and medium-sized enterprises) as well as labour market intermediation (matching, placement, and labour market information). It is foreseen, that the existing
It thereby aims at creating employment by reducing constraints in labour supply, labour demand and job placement. In all these domains.
Egyptian institutions are supported in the development and implementation of employment policies and strategies. The development of institutional and individual capacities of Egyptian institutions, both from the public and private sector, is a core element to reach the overall objective.
Salary band 3 – Junior professional 3A
Junior Administrative Professional (NaWi Cluster)
The Junior Administrative Professional is responsible for:
- office management of the cluster/programme office
- administrative services for the programmes and the cluster
- preparation and logistical organization of trainings, workshops, meetings and events
- driver coordination
- travel management and travel settlement
- schedule and e-mail management
- document management
- simple translations Arabic/English and English/Arabic
The Junior Administrative Professional performs the following tasks:
The Junior Administrative Professional provides support for
- handling the cluster office’s management
- carrying out the administrative services for the programmes and the cluster
- organising administrative and logistical aspects of cluster and programme activities (meetings, workshops etc.)
- following-up on the maintenance of office rooms and equipment
- ensuring that computers and software function properly
- monitoring the availability of accessories and stocks
The Junior Administrative Professional provides support for
- carrying out the logistical organization of trainings, workshops, meetings and events
- carrying out schedule and e-mail management for the cluster coordination
- preparation and follow up of meetings
- managing business travels for the cluster/programme staff and finalize settlements
- filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
3. Vehicles and transportation schedule
The Junior Administrative Professional is
- coordinating schedules of the cluster’s/programme’s driver
- organising transportation and accommodation for travels of staff, partner experts or visitors
4. Other duties /additional tasks
The Junior Administrative Professional
- provides easy translations Arabic/English and English/Arabic
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of the management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in relevant specialisation and qualification in business administration desirable (equivalent of BA or MBA).
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in administration and office organization.
- Prior experience in development cooperation is an asset.
- Prior experience in working with public organizations in Egypt is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Very good command of English and Arabic (written and spoken), German is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
D. Submission of application
- Interested candidates shall submit their application in English by e-mail to HR-Egypt@giz.de by maximum Wednesday, the 6th of May 2020.
- The application should include a motivation letter and an updated CV indicating the earliest date of availability and contact details (at least mobile/phone number and e-mail address).
- Only e-mail applications mentioning the subject title “Junior Admin Professional – NaWi Cluster– your name” will be considered.
- The position can be filled by the 1st of June 2020, or as soon as possible.
- The position is initially for 12 months and the contract is extendable, based on a successful employment period.
- The work location will be the Cluster NaWi Office in Maadi and later office in Downtown Cairo, with frequent meetings in other locations in Egypt, mainly across Greater Cairo.
- The position is for candidates with Egyptian Nationality or a valid residence permit only.