The ,,Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH“
German Development Cooperation
GIZ Country Office Egypt
Project No. 95.9072.0-001.00
Job Vacancy Announcement for the position of Accounting Specialist – Invoice Checking
Starting date: 1st of January 2023
Duration of Contract: 12 months, subject to renewal based on performance
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 24,977 employees, almost 70 per cent of whom are national staff. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
In 2021, GIZ’s business volume was around 3.7 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
About GIZ Egypt
Operating in Egypt since 1956, GIZ provides technical expertise, develops capacities and delivers effective solutions in close partnership with local governmental and non-governmental organisations.
GIZ Egypt currently employs around 355 national and 35 international experts. GIZ supports Egypt in its efforts to achieve the “Sustainable Development Strategy: Egypt Vision 2030” in order to create better social and economic prospects for the Egyptian people. On behalf of the German Government, the European Union and other parties, GIZ implements projects in all parts of Egypt in the areas of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency; Water Supply and Sanitation, Irrigation and Waste Management; Sustainable Economic Development for Employment; Governance and Urban Development.
For more information, please visit http://www.giz.de/egypt
Accounting Specialist (invoice checking)
GIZ salary band:
Head of Finance
GIZ Internal function designation:
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for:
- ensuring that financial administration functions well and in accordance with GIZ standard procedures
- effectively coordinating with the staff of the finance team
- invoice checking procedures for all types of invoices with a focus on construction and local subsidy contracts
- assisting in travel invoices
- monitoring real accounts (payables, receivables) and reporting regularly to Head of Finance
The Accounting Specialist performs the following tasks:
1. Financial services
The Accounting Specialist
- checks all types of invoices and its supporting documents, consultancy contracts, construction contracts, financing contracts including local subsidy contracts, purchasing orders and travel invoices following GIZ processes and rules P+R
- advises on the voucher quality of projects and Country Office
- monitors Accounts Receivable A/R according to the invoices submitted and follow up on delays and reports accordingly to the Head of Finance
2. Financial advisory services
The Accounting Specialist
- takes part in advising projects/programs on the correction needed during invoice checking
- participates in the preparation of the financial training material
3. Other duties/additional tasks
The Accounting Specialist
- reports all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay
- is responsible for filing in accordance with GIZ rules
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BA in accounting.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office).
- Very good command of English and Arabic (written and spoken), German language is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Confidential handling of data and information.
- Previous experience in working with international development entities is an asset.
- Integrity and commitment to adherence to rules and regulations.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of SAP is an asset.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
D. Submission of Application
- Kindly send your applications in English by e-mail to HR-Egypt@giz.de by maximum Sunday, the 20th of November 2022.
- The application must include a motivation letter and an updated CV in English language, indicating the earliest date of availability and contact details (mobile/phone no. and e-mail address).
- Only e-mail applications mentioning the subject title “Accounting Specialist - GIZ Country Office - your name” will be considered.
- The position can be filled by the 1st of January 2023.
- The contract is for 12 months, but extendable, based on a successful employment period.
- The work location will be at the GIZ Country Office in El-Zamalek, Cairo.
- The position is for candidates with Egyptian Nationality, or a valid work permit only.
- GIZ Egypt does not cooperate with any HR service providers that can guarantee acceptance to vacancies. A competitive process is followed, where all applications are reviewed to ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment. Candidates are only contacted if they have been shortlisted.
- If you do not receive the automated email confirmation acknowledging receipt of your application, please check your spam or junk folder.
- GIZ Egypt is committed to achieving workforce diversity. Female candidates and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.