The ,,Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH“
German Development Cooperation
Programme Migration for Development (PME)
Project No. 15.2011.3-031.00
Job Vacancy Announcement for the position of Junior Administrative and Financial Professional
Starting date: 15th of September 2020, or as soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 12 months, subject to renewal based on performance
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 20,726 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
Our business volume is around 3 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
About GIZ Egypt
Operating in Egypt since 1956, GIZ provides technical expertise, develops capacities and delivers effective solutions in close partnership with local governmental and non-governmental organisations.
GIZ Egypt currently employs around 310 national and 47 international experts. GIZ supports Egypt in its efforts to achieve the “Sustainable Development Strategy: Egypt Vision 2030” in order to create better social and economic prospects for the Egyptian people. On behalf of the German Government, the European Union and other parties, GIZ implements projects in all parts of Egypt in the areas of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency; Water Supply and Sanitation, Irrigation and Waste Management; Sustainable Economic Development for Employment; Governance and Urban Development.
For more information, please visit http://www.giz.de/egypt
About the Programme Migration for Development (PME)
The Global Programme Migration for Development (PME) commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has the objective to empower migrants to make development-relevant contributions in their countries of origin and improve the framework conditions for legal migration in selected partner countries. It is run under the umbrella of the Center for International Migration and Development, which is jointly operated by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the International Placement Services (ZAV) of the German Federal Employment Agency (BA).
The overarching objective of the programme is to strengthen the development-relevant contributions of migrants in their countries of origin and improve the framework conditions for regular migration in selected partner countries. This objective is actively being pursued within five fields of activity:
(1) Migration Policy Advice: the policy frameworks for regular migration and the developmental contributions of migration are being improved through structured policy advice in the area of voluntary and forced migration
(2) Migration and Reintegration Advice: access to information about regular ways of migration for potential migrants and about reintegration for returnees is being enhanced through migration advice
(3) Development-oriented Return of Migrants: Returning migrants are contributing to home country development through knowledge sharing
(4) Diaspora Cooperation: the developmental impact of the diaspora is being strengthened through diaspora cooperation
(5) Business Ideas for Development: migrants receive effective counselling and are being qualified to implement business ideas in their countries of origin
In the context of the component “Migration and Reintegration Advice” PME is running the Job and Migration Advisory Services. The Advisory Services’ target group are potential migrants as well as returning migrants from Germany. The Advisory Services offer counselling on perspectives of educational and professional development in Egypt as well as information and advice on possibilities and requirements of legal labor migration. Next to the Advisory Services themselves, the PME is establishing an information and advice structure in Germany for migrants intending to return to their home country (Germany module).
This job vacancy aims for candidates interested in providing advisory services related to migration to the PME project based in Cairo (temporary office location is Zamalek) and regularly visiting areas with high migration pressure (about 30% of the working time).
Salary band 3 –
Junior professional 3A
Junior Administrative and Financial Professional
Administrative and Financial Professional
The Junior Administrative and Financial Professional provides support in
- daily operational performance of all administrative tasks for the office
- further developing instruments and assisting in introducing innovation and change
- managing knowledge by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information
- cash payments and deposits at the bank
- maintaining the related project files according to GIZ rules and regulations
- assisting in preparing bookkeeping for internal and external control.
- ensuring the compliance of financial processes with GIZ rules, standards and orientation in close coordination with the finance team at GIZ Head Office
The Junior Administrative and Financial Professional performs the following tasks:
1. Managing the daily cash fund
The Junior Administrative and Financial Professional assists in
- cash controlling based on the vouchers collected daily in absence of the administrative and financial professional
- reconciling the cash book and cash account daily
- reporting without delay if the cash holding reaches a minimum level
2. General services
The Junior Administrative and Financial Professional assists in
- carrying out the logistical organization of trainings, workshops, meetings and events
- preparing and following up on meetings
- managing business travels for the staff and finalizing settlements
- filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
3. Other duties/additional tasks
The Junior Administrative and Financial Professional
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- University degree in business administration with a focus on accounting or related area
- initial experience (internship or similar) in this area.
- prior experience in development cooperation is an asset.
- prior experience in working with public organizations in Egypt is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Basic knowledge of accounting software.
- Good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Very good command of English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
D. Submission of Application
- Kindly send your applications in English by e-mail to HR-Egypt@giz.de by maximum Thursday the 27th of August 2020.
- The application must include a motivation letter and an updated CV in English language, indicating the earliest date of availability and contact details (mobile/phone no. and e-mail address).
- Only applications mentioning the subject title “Junior Administrative and Financial Professional – PME - your name” will be considered.
- The position can be filled preferably by the 15th of September 2020 or as soon as possible.
- The contract is for 12 months, but extendable, based on a successful employment period.
- The work location will be at the project’s office in Maadi.
- The position is for candidates with Egyptian Nationality or a valid work permit only.