The ,,Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH“
(German Development Cooperation)
GIZ Office Cairo
Project No. 95.9072.0-001.00
Job Vacancy Announcement for the position of Administrative Assistant
Starting date: 9th of August 2020 (or as soon as possible)
Duration of Contract: 12 months, subject to renewal based on performance
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 20,726 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
Our business volume is around 3 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
About GIZ Egypt
Operating in Egypt since 1956, GIZ provides technical expertise, develops capacities and delivers effective solutions in close partnership with local governmental and non-governmental organisations.
GIZ Egypt currently employs around 310 national and 47 international experts. GIZ supports Egypt in its efforts to achieve the “Sustainable Development Strategy: Egypt Vision 2030” in order to create better social and economic prospects for the Egyptian people. On behalf of the German Government, the European Union and other parties, GIZ implements projects in all parts of Egypt in the areas of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency; Water Supply and Sanitation, Irrigation and Waste Management; Sustainable Economic Development for Employment; Governance and Urban Development.
For more information, please visit http://www.giz.de/egypt.
Salary band 2 –
Head of Finance and Administration
Administrative Assistant (Receptionist)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for
- the issuance and renewal of residence permits for expats (AMA)
- the issuance and renewal of vehicle registration cards for expats (AMA)
- filing documents in reference files, according to GIZ’s filing rules
- ensuring the overall smooth functioning of AMA services and maintaining good customer service
The Administrative Assistant performs the following tasks:
1. Assisting with services related to Expatriate (AMA) and their spouses (MAP)
The Administrative Assistant
- assists in issuing required letters for AMA colleagues to obtain their business visa
- issues “Employment Certificates” for AMA colleagues upon request
- assists AMA in obtaining their residency by organizing the appointment for residency application with AMA and preparing related payments
- maintains hard copy and soft copy filing system of AMA residency cards
- assists the Logistic Professional in coordinating the purchase, import, re-export or dispose of AMA’s private vehicles as well as their personal effects
- assists AMA in the issuance of personal driving licenses
- follows up and arranges the appointments for renewing the vehicles registration of AMA colleagues
- prepares all payment settlements when needed
- issues invitation letters for GIZ visitors, guests, consultants ..etc upon request
- assists Office guests with hotel booking and airport pick-up
2. Assisting with the Office Management
The Administrative Assistant
- follows up on decrees and decision related to GIZ work in the Official Gazette and obtains an official copy of these and maintain their proper filing
- assists in the preparation of archiving old files of the GIZ Office as well as the projects and supports in dispatch process according to GIZ regulations
- assists in issuing letters and requests to governmental bodies as requested
- assists in preparing and organising information materials for meetings
- participates in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assists with documenting these, e.g. by taking minutes
- assists in updating the Project list and the Office organizational chart regularly
- does the filing of the documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- assists with the logistics of GIZ Office Events and Training (catering – registration – equipment.etc)
- responds to customer enquiries and complaints received through GIZ surface e-mail
- manages, prioritises and organises the incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, fax, email)
- supports at the Reception Desk when needed
- assists in the logistics of the Meetings (FAST Meeting, Office Staff Meeting..etc.)
3. Other duties/additional tasks
The Administrative Assistant
- performs other duties and tasks upon request of the management and be ready to deputize other team members when needed
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor degree in relevant area.
- Experience of 2-5 years working in a comparable position.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Very good command of Arabic, English, knowledge of German is an advantage.
- Previous experience in dealing with governmental bodies is an advantage.
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Very good communication and negotiation skills.
- Eexcellent organisational skills.
- Flexibility and stress tolerarance.
- willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed.
D. Application procedure
- Kindly send your applications in English by e-mail to HR-Egypt@giz.de by maximum Sunday, the 12th of July 2020.
- The application should include a motivation letter and an updated CV.
- Only e-mail applications mentioning the subject title “Administrative Assistant - GIZ Office - your name” will be considered.
- The position can be filled by the 9th of August 2020 or as soon as possible.
- The work location will be at the GIZ Office Cairo in El-Zamalek, Cairo.
- The position is for candidates with Egyptian Nationality or a valid residence permit only.