The "Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH"
German Development Cooperation
GIZ Country Office Egypt
Project No. 95.9072.0-001.00
Job Vacancy Announcement for the position of HR Assistant
Starting date: 1st of February 2022
Duration of Contract: 12 months, subject to renewal based on performance
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 22,199 employees, almost 70 per cent of whom are national staff. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security.
Our business volume is around 3.1 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
About GIZ Egypt
Operating in Egypt since 1956, GIZ provides technical expertise, develops capacities and delivers effective solutions in close partnership with local governmental and non-governmental organisations.
GIZ Egypt currently employs around 320 national and 35 international experts. GIZ supports Egypt in its efforts to achieve the “Sustainable Development Strategy: Egypt Vision 2030” in order to create better social and economic prospects for the Egyptian people. On behalf of the German Government, the European Union and other parties, GIZ implements projects in all parts of Egypt in the areas of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency; Water Supply and Sanitation, Irrigation and Waste Management; Sustainable Economic Development for Employment; Governance and Urban Development.
For more information, please visit http://www.giz.de/egypt
Salary band 2 -
Head of HR
The HR Assistant is responsible for
- performing general clerical and administrative services
- assisting the HR team members with various tasks, as instructed by the Head of HR
- providing supporting services in the recruitment process for national staff
- participating in the administration of the medical insurance services for national staff
- maintaining the HR archive and the stored personnel files
- the digitalization of personnel files
- filing documents in reference files or DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
The HR Assistant performs the following tasks:
1. Clerical and administrative services
The HR Assistant
- photocopies and scans documents as needed
- labels files in accordance with GIZ filing rules
- completes forms, lists, and tables in accordance with specific instructions from different HR team members
- prepares Arabic and English (HR) letters and any other needed correspondences
- ensures that the necessary office supplies are available in the HR department
2. Maintaining the HR archive
The HR Assistant
- ensures that the HR archive and the stored personnel files are in good order
- is responsible for the digitalization of personnel files by scanning relevant documents preparing the individual personnel folders ready for upload to DMS and in accordance with GIZ guidelines
3. Support in administration of medical insurance services
In close coordination with the HR Professional, the HR Assistant
- collects reimbursement claims, reviews documents received and prepares the summary report on claims for the medical insurance company
- follows up on the finalization of approval requests
- keeps the medical insurance data base updated
- answers queries of national staff with respect to medical insurance claim procedures
- immediately reports any issues regarding medical insurance to the HR Professional
4. Support in recruitment services
In close coordination with the HR Recruitment Professional, the HR Assistant
- prepares list of applicants from incoming job applications
- schedules and invites applicants for interviews (by telephone and/or by mail)
- supports in the initial filtering of irrelevant applications
- responsible for daily monitoring the general HR and Recruitment email
- sends out rejection mails upon request
5. General tasks
The HR Assistant
- supports the HR team in the coordination and the organisation of events
- may occasionally run errands, e.g., delivering and collecting documents
- supports the Payroll Professional in social insurance matters
6. Other duties/additional tasks
The HR Assistant
- translates documents from English to Arabic or vice versa, upon request
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in business administration or similar qualification.
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications. (e.g., MS Office).
- Arabic native speaker and good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written).
- Ability to multi-task and to organise him-/herself under a heavy workload.
- High sense of responsibility and understanding of the significance of confidentiality in HR tasks.
- Detail orientated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
D. Submission of Application
- Kindly send your applications in English by e-mail to HR-Egypt@giz.de by Sunday, 9th of January 2022.
- The application must include a motivation letter and an updated CV in English language, indicating the earliest date of availability and contact details (mobile/phone no. and e-mail address).
- Only applications mentioning the subject title “HR Assistant – GIZ Country Office - your name” will be considered.
- The position can be filled by the 1st of February 2022.
- The contract is for 12 months, but extendable, based on a successful employment period.
- The work location will be at the GIZ Country Office in Zamalek, Cairo.
- The position is for candidates with Egyptian Nationality, or a valid work permit only.
- All applications will be reviewed, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you do not receive the automated email confirmation acknowledging receipt of your application, please check your spam or junk folder.
- GIZ Egypt is committed to achieving workforce diversity. Female candidates and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.