The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale
Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmBH
Project No. 95.9072.0-001.00
Job Vacancy Announcement
for the position of Junior Accounting Professional
Starting date: Preferably by the 17th
of September, 2017
Duration of contract: 1 year, subject to renewal
The wide range
of services offered by the Deutsche
Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested
management know-how. We are a German federal
enterprise and offer
workable, sustainable and effective
solutions in political,
economic and social change processes.
Most of our work
is commissioned by the German Federal
Ministry for Economic
Cooperation and Development (BMZ). However,
GIZ also operates on behalf of other German
ministries and public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These
include governments of other
countries, the European
Commission, the United
Nations and the
We are equally committed
to helping our clients in the private sector attain their
The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. In 2014 our business volume exceeded two billion euros.
Around 70 per cent of our local
workforce of 16,410 people
is national personnel working in over
130 countries. In our capacity as a recognized sending organization, we currently have 785 development workers in action in partner
countries. In addition, CIM, a joint operation of GIZ and the
Federal Employment Agency, placed
around 1,000 integrated and returning experts with local
employers abroad in 2014 while providing
them with financial support and advisory services.
About GIZ Egypt
Since 1956 GIZ has been present in Egypt
implementing projects on behalf of the German government. We thus contribute to
the economic and social stabilisation of the country. GIZ Egypt currently employs
around 210 national and 50 international experts.
Our programmes in cooperation with the Egyptian
government focus on the areas of renewable energies and energy efficiency,
sustainable economic development for employment, water supply and sanitation, irrigation
and waste management, youth, women and families and urban development.
The GIZ Office Cairo supports the implementation
of projects by providing logistic, financial, and personnel services.
To examine Egypt’s projects’ portfolio, please visit us on http://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/319.html.
Salary band 3 –
Junior professional 3A
and Accounts Manager.
The Junior Accounting
Professional provides support in
- dealing with all questions arising in this area
- identifying relevant problems and issues and
assisting in formulating implementation-oriented solutions
- further developing instruments and assisting in
introducing innovation and change
- managing knowledge by disseminating and
documenting know-how, experience and information
Junior Accounting Professional performs the following tasks:
1. Accounting Service
- is responsible for cash & bank payments based on the vouchers collected daily
- reconciles the cash book and cash account daily
- reports any surplus or shortfall in cash
- is responsible for Transfer funds to the projects
- reports without delay if the cash holding reaches
a minimum level
- reports without delay to the person responsible
for accounting on all problems in financial administration and compliance
- prepares transfers and/or other bank documents
and checks these before execution
- makes monthly payments and foreign currency
transactions and optimises these
- is responsible for administrative aspects of
financial management, e.g. bank withdrawals, direct debit orders
- is responsible for filing financial
administration documents and treating information confidentiality in
accordance with GIZ rules
2. Financial service
- carries out projects journals bookkeeping in
accordance with GIZ orientation and Rules
- monitors real accounts (payables, receivables)
and reports regularly to the Officer Responsible for the Contract and
Cooperation (AV) and the Finance Manager
- photocopies and scans documents as needed
3. Internal Control
- checks the vouchers and receipts submitted by the
projects/programmes for completeness and allocation to cost units and
categories, and corrects these where necessary
- assists in carrying out internal controls in
accordance with GIZ’s internal controlling rules
4. General services
- bills/processes overtime applications from office
and project/programme staff
- processes settlement of applications for the
reimbursement of travel expenses
5. Other duties/additional tasks
The Junior Accounting
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Qualification in business administration with a
focus on accounting or related area.
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Basic knowledge of accounting software.
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies
(related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer
applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Good knowledge of the European language widely
used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German.
- Willingness to upskill as
required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed
- Kindly send your applications in English by e-mail to HR-Egypt@giz.de by maximum
Saturday, the 19th of August, 2017. The application should include a motivation
letter and an updated CV.
- Only e-mail applications mentioning the subject title “Junior
Accounting Prof. - GIZ Office – your name” (e.g.: Junior Accounting Prof. - GIZ
Office – John Doe”) will be considered.
- The position can be filled as soon as possible, preferably by the
17th of September, 2017.
- The work location
will be at the GIZ Office Cairo in El-Zamalek, Cairo.
- The position is for candidates with Egyptian
Nationality and holders of Egyptian work permits only.